If you lead a busy life like me, chances are you want recipes that are quick and easy to make but also taste delicious. On the low-FODMAP diet you can eat well, make tasty meals and still have time to do things around the house, prepare for the next day or maybe just have time enough to pet your cat and catch an episode of Downton Abbey (if only every night I could watch my favorite series!).
Low-FODMAP Turkey and Vegetable Pasta
You can always change up this recipe by using different low-FODMAP herbs, vegetables, cheese or ground chicken. This dish is also great to bring to work the next day for lunch and kids like it too.
- 8 oz. gluten-free brown rice spiral pasta
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon safflower or sunflower oil
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets (1/4 cup per person is low in FODMAPs)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 12 oz. package of lean ground turkey meat
- 1 medium zucchini, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook gluten-free pasta according to directions on box. Drain pasta, stir in black pepper and set aside.
- Meanwhile, use a medium sized skillet and heat 1 tablespoon oil. Once heated, add carrots, broccoli and oregano and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Then add turkey meat and brown on all sides. Add in zucchini, and continue to stir all ingredients. Once zucchini is tender, add in spinach and combine with ingredients until just wilted. Add in pasta and stir well to combine.
- Transfer pasta to bowls and top with cheese.
Looking for help on the low-FODMAP diet? Ask me about my nutritional counseling services by contacting me here.
Be good to yourself and your gut!