Servings – 4
- 1 cup buckwheat groats, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoons crunchy (or smooth) natural peanut butter
- 1 cup fresh organic blueberries
- 1 tablespoon organic maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond, rice or soy milk (made from soy protein, not beans)
- Place buckwheat in a bowl with water and cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain buckwheat in colander and rinse thoroughly.
- In a food processor (or blender) add the buckwheat, peanut butter, blueberries, maple syrup, vanilla extract and salt. Blend for about 20 seconds, then slowly add in the milk. Blend until everything is well combined. Garnish with blueberries.
Since the buckwheat has been soaked overnight, it should break down very easily in the blender. The end result should be a smooth porridge or pudding. Add more milk if you want a less thick consistency.
Ingredients listed above are organic, but organic products are not mandatory for the low-FODMAP diet.
By Colleen Francioli