This salad is high in protein, low in carbs and only 15g of fat per serving. This delicious salad is great for a weeknight, great to take to work the next day or for a barbeque!
Low-FODMAP Tip: If you are into meal prepping, poaching chicken ahead of time is a great time saver as poached and shredded chicken goes well into green salads, chicken salads, into soup, with rice or quinoa or to throw into a quick stir fry.
Low-FODMAP Skinny BLT Salad
- FODMAPPED Slow Cooked Chicken Stock or homemade low-FODMAP stock
- 8 ounces skinless, boneless chicken
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 green onion chopped, green tips only
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 medium to large tomato, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 medium avocado, divided (optional)
- Poach chicken by placing two chicken breasts in a pan with low-FODMAP chicken stock, such as an entire packet (2 cups/500ml) of FODMAPPED Slow Cooked Chicken Stock. Place heat to high, then when boiling, turn down to a simmer until chicken is cooked through. Pull apart chicken with a fork and shred. Place in a large bowl. Save leftover stock to use for another soup, to cook rice, quinoa, polenta or to sip!
- Cook 4 slices turkey bacon. Crumble and place in a bowl with chicken. Add romaine lettuce and green onion tips.
- Make your dressing -In a bowl or glass measuring cup, add light mayonnaise and chopped tomato. Add a pinch each of salt and pepper. Mix to combine, adding more salt and pepper to taste if desired. Allow to sit for 10 to minutes.
- Add dressing to bowl with meat and lettuce. Stir well to combine. Spoon even amounts into salad bowls. Top with one 1/8th slice each of avocado (low-FODMAP serving) if desired. Enjoy!
Thank you, Gina, from SkinnyTaste for the inspiration for this recipe!
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below:
Be good to yourself and your gut!
Certified Nutritionist Consultant