This salad is high in protein, low in carbs and only 15g of fat per serving. This delicious salad is great for a weeknight, great to take to work the next day or for a barbeque!
Low-FODMAP Tip: If you are into meal prepping, poaching chicken ahead of time is a great time saver as poached and shredded chicken goes well into green salads, chicken salads, into soup, with rice or quinoa or to throw into a quick stir fry.
Low-FODMAP Skinny BLT Salad
- FODMAPPED Slow Cooked Chicken Stock or homemade low-FODMAP stock
- 8 ounces poached chicken, shredded
- 4 slices turkey bacon
- 4 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 green onion chopped, green tips only
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 medium to large tomato, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 avocado, divided (optional)
- Poach chicken by placing two chicken breasts in a pan with low-FODMAP chicken stock, such as an entire packet (2 cups/500ml) of FODMAPPED Slow Cooked Chicken Stock. Place heat to high, then when boiling, turn down to a simmer until chicken is cooked through. Pull apart chicken with a fork. Place in a large bowl. Save leftover stock to use for another soup, to cook rice, quinoa, polenta or to sip!
- Cook 4 slices turkey bacon. Crumble and place in a bowl with chicken. Add romaine lettuce and green onion tips.
- Make your dressing -In a bowl or glass measuring cup, add light mayonnaise and chopped tomato. Add a pinch each of salt and pepper. Mix to combine, adding more salt and pepper to taste if desired. Allow to sit for 10 to minutes.
- Add dressing to bowl with meat and lettuce. Stir well to combine. Spoon even amounts into salad bowls. Top with one 1/8th slice each of avocado if desired. Enjoy!
Thank you, Gina, from SkinnyTaste for the inspiration for this recipe!
Don’t forget to follow me on social media and sign up for my newsletter!
Be good to yourself and your gut!
Certified Nutritionist Consultant