My wonderful bundt cake was made using pumpkin soup from none other than FODMAPPED! I remember hearing last year that there was a shortage of canned pumpkin in the U.S., but that wouldn’t be an issue for you this year if you had FODMAPPED Roasted Pumpkin Soup with a Hint of Sage in your pantry. And did I mention the cake and lactose-free frosting were made with stevia? That’s a great low-FODMAP way to reduce calories.
Click here to see where you can purchase FODMAPPED certified low-FODMAP products!
Next time I make this bundt cake I am going to add some peanut butter to the recipe, but for now, this cake will be perfect to bring over to upcoming Fall parties and festivities. Enjoy!
Low-FODMAP Pumpkin Spice Bundt Cake
Makes: 1 bundt cake
- 3½ cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 cup Pyure Bakeable Stevia Blend
- 3/4 cup organic coconut oil (liquified. Add a 1/4 cup more if you want your cake a bit more moist)
- 3 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups FODMAPPED Roasted Pumpkin Soup with a Hint of Sage
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 4 ounces lactose-free cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons powdered stevia
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves, and stevia.
- In a separate large bowl, add oil, then add in eggs and beat in one at a time. Next, pour in FODMAPPED Roasted Pumpkin Soup with a Hint of Sage. Turn on your stand mixer and add oil/egg/soup mixture slowly to flour mixture. Place in a greased 10-inch bundt pan. Bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes and invert onto a wire rack. Remove pan and cool completely.
- Once cake has cooled, make frosting by gently mixing softened butter, cream cheese, stevia and cinnamon until smooth and creamy. Use a spatula to apply a thin layer around cake. Enjoy!
Don’t forget to follow me on social media and sign up for my newsletter!
Be good to yourself and your gut!
Certified Nutritionist Consultant