Low-FODMAP Chocolate & Pecan Bread Pudding
This recipe is low-FODMAP, gluten-free and dairy-free! It’s deliciously gooey and will make a wonderful dish to enjoy this holiday season! We don’t have any leftovers here at my house…enjoy!
- 7 oz. or 4 gluten-free ciabatta rolls
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla lavender sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed or halved pecans
- 6 eggs
- 1 13.5 oz can quality coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a bread pan.
- Tear ciabatta rolls into pieces and place into greased pan. Sprinkle on cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla lavender sugar, half of light brown sugar and half of chocolate chips and half of pecans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together coconut milk and eggs. Add in vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Pour egg mixture over bread. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes, then return and using a spoon, push down any bread pieces that have not absorbed eggs and coconut milk. Return again 5 minutes later and push bread down again. Top with remaining brown sugar, chocolate chips and pecans.
- Place bread pan in oven and bake for 45 minutes or until brown and crispy on top. Lift a portion of the bread pudding up with a spatula to ensure no runny egg liquid can be found.
- If you can’t find vanilla lavender sugar, you can use vanilla sugar or make the recipe without it.
- If you cannot find ciabatta rolls, look for other gluten-free dinner rolls, or just use about 6-7 slices of gluten-free bread.
- Allow the bread pudding to sit for at least a half hour for better consistency. Tastes awesome the next day too! ??
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below:
Have a great rest of your day!