These delicious turkey lettuce wraps taste almost like PF Chang’s recipe except they are low in FODMAPs, which means no garlic or onion was used, or hoisin sauce or sriracha (both of those sauces usually contain garlic). For the garlicky taste, I used wheat-free asafetida powder. You can use more or less than 6 lettuce cups, it just depends on how much turkey filling you want to enjoy (make more if putting out as appetizers!). Can also be enjoyed for dinner, served with brown rice or quinoa. This recipe was adapted to be low-FODMAP from the copycat PF Chang recipe created by Chungah of Damn Delicious®. She’s got a few more recipes that I look forward to swapping out tasty high-FODMAP ingredients for just as tasty low-FODMAP ingredients. Check my website every week for new recipes!
Low-FODMAP PF Chang’s Inspired Turkey Lettuce Wraps
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/8 teaspoon asafetida powder
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, green tips only, chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce, 6 lettuce cups or more
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on “low” for 4 hours or until the turkey is tender.
- Break apart mixture and add into 6 lettuce cups. Add additional tamari to taste if needed.
- Combine all ingredients in a gallon-sized plastic freezer bag. Remove air, seal, and freeze for up to 3 months.
- When ready to cook, thaw in refrigerator overnight and add to slow cooker with low-FODMAP chicken broth. Cook on “low” for 4-6 hours or until turkey is tender. Break apart mixture and add into lettuce cups.
Choose organic ingredients and hormone and antibiotic free meat whenever possible. Note this is not protocol for the diet, just a healthy suggestion! Nutrition info below provided by MyFitnessPal.com.
Love Us, Follow Us and Subscribe! Click on the links below:
Looking for help on the low-FODMAP diet? Learn more about The Low-FODMAP Diet for Beginner’s Course!
Be good to yourself and your gut!