*Check back soon, new brands are added often! Don’t forget to sign up for my newsletter. Last update to the list below: MARCH 2018
CERTIFIED LOW-FODMAP PRODUCTS
These products have been certified to be low in FODMAPs and deemed safe for the low-FODMAP diet. Some products on this list are now available on Amazon.com, Vitacost.com or online via the brand’s website.
- FODMAPPED Foods Chicken Broth Slow Cooked
- FODMAPPED Foods Red Wine & Italian Herbs Tomato Pasta Sauce
- FODMAPPED Foods Slow Roasted Vegetables Pasta Sauce
- FODMAPPED Foods Butter Chicken Curry Simmer Sauce
- FODMAPPED Foods Green Curry Simmer Sauce
- FODMAPPED Foods Red Curry Simmer Sauce
- FODMAPPED Foods Sweet Chilli, Basil + Lemongrass Stir-Fry Simmer Sauce
- Certified low-FODMAP protein powder – Stellar Labs Low Carb Gluten Free Cold Pressed Vanilla Whey Isolate Protein Powder
TrueSelf™ Foods Low FODMAP Snack Bars – certified low-FODMAP by the FODMAP Friendly Food Program – My absolute favorite is the Pumpkin Spice but I also love all the other flavors like Blueberry, Lemon Poppy, and Banana Cinnamon!
Casa de Sante Low FODMAP Certified Products
- Casa de Sante Vegetable Stock Powder
- Casa de Sante LemonAID Ayurvedic Digestive Drink – Original
- Casa de Sante LemonAID Ayurvedic Digestive Drink – Cayenne
- Casa de Sante Low FODMAP Spice Mix (Lemon Herb Seasoning)
- Casa de Sante Spice Mix (Mexican/Taco Seasoning Mix)
- Casa de Sante Spice Mix (BBQ Rub)
- Casa de Sante Spice Mix (Tuscan Herb)
- Casa de Sante Spice Mix (Indian Spicy Hot Seasoning)
- FODY – Low FODMAP Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce 550g (19.4oz)
- FODY – Low FODMAP Dark Chocolate, Nuts and Sea Salt Snack Bars 40g (1.41oz) (Box of 12)
- FODY – Low FODMAP Almond Coconut Snack Bars 40g (1.41oz) (Box of 12)
- FODY – Low FODMAP Mild Salsa 453g (16oz)
- FODY – Low FODMAP BBQ Sauce 340g (12oz)
CERTIFIED LOW-FODMAP PRODUCTS IN AUSTRALIA
If you live in Australia, check out this list of certified low-FODMAP products which have all been certified by the FODMAP Friendly Food Program or read below:
- Alpine Breads – Spelt and Sprouted Grains, Spelt and Barley Sourdough, Tuscany Sourdough, Sour Rye Sourdough. Available at Coles and Woolworths.
- Bayview Crunchy Crumbed Flounder Fillets, Crunchy Crumbed Chicken Breast Bites. Available at Woolworths.
- Cobram Estate Basil Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Mixed Herb Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Chilli Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Lemon Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Onion Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Available at Coles and Woolworths.
- FODMAPPED Sweet Chilli Simmer Sauce, Green Curry Simmer Sauce, Red Curry Simmer Sauce, Slow Cooked Chicken Stock, Slow Roasted Vegetables Tomato Pasta Sauce, Red Wine + Italian Herbs Tomato Pasta Sauce, Roasted Pumpkin Soup with a Hint of Sage, Lamb+Vegetable Soup, Butter Chicken Curry Simmer Sauce. Available at Coles, Countdown Supermarkets (NZ) and independent grocers.
- Food for Health Blueberry Vanilla & Teff Gourmet Protein Muesli, Coconut Cacao & Chia Muesli Pod, Blueberry Vanilla & Teff Muesli Pod, Fruit Vanilla Blueberry & Teff Bars, Fruit Cacao Vanilla & Chia bars, Coconut Almond & Chia Bars. Available at Coles and Woolworths.
- Forage Bircher, Muesli, Porridge. Shop online.
- Golden Days Peanut Nut Snaps, Mixed Nut Nut Snaps, Yoghurt Sesame Snaps, Original Sesame Snaps. Available at Coles and Woolworths.
- Kez’s Kitchen Gluten Free Chocolate Chip, Melting Moments, Vienna Eclairs, Cinnamon and Superseeds Cereal, Florentines, Anzacs, Gluten Free Choc Honey Crunch Bikkie Bites, Almond Florentines. Shop online or visit Coles and Woolworths.
- Leggo’s Classic Tomato with Chunky Tomato & Herb Pasta Sauce. Available at Woolworths.
- Lewis & Son Natural Meats. Available at independent grocers.
- Liddells Lactose-Free Vanilla Custard, Chocolate Milk (UHT), Cream Cheese, Cheese Shred, Colby Cheese Slices, Cheese Block, plus various yoghurts, sour cream and milks. Available at Coles and Woolworths.
- Mamee Rice Sticks and Rice Chips. Available at Coles and Woolworths and independent grocers.
- Naturally Good Muesli Clusters and Muesli Cookies. Available at Woolworths.
- NBI SWEET & GENTLE™ Sensitive Baking Sweetener, Sachets, and Tablets. Shop online.
- Simply Wize BBQ Corn Crunch, Corn Crunch, Choc’O Biscuits, Available at Coles. Apple Pastries, Vanilla Custard Pastries, various Pasta Sauces, Gnocchi Pumpkin (gluten-free), Pizza Crusts, Deli Wafers, Almond Crisp Bread. Available at Coles and independent grocers.
- The FODMAP Friendly Tea Co. Grace and Aussie Jem. Shop online.
- Well & Good all gluten-free – Premium Biscuit Mix, Sponge Swiss Roll Mix, Self Raising Flour, Pastry Flour, Instant Custard Powder, Cupcake Mix, Chocolate Cake Mix, Bread Mix, Chia, Linseed & Sunflower Bread Mix, All-Purpose Cake Mix. Available at independent grocers.
- Wilde Gluten-Free Beer Raspberry Ale and Pale Ale. Search here to see where you can find Wilde Beer!
(Not Certified Low-FODMAP by FODMAP Friendly or Monash but made with low-FODMAP ingredients)
Products Made with Low-FODMAP Ingredients That I Enjoy
*See disclaimer below!
- Hail Merry Dark Chocolate Macaroon Merry Bites
- Lundberg Rice Cakes
- Lundberg Sea Salt Rice Chips
- Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins
- Snyder’s of Hanover Gluten-Free Mini Pretzels
- Glutino Gluten Free Pretzel Twists
- PopChips Sea Salt Potato Chips
- GoMacro Macrobars Peanut Butter
- Mary’s Gone Crackers Black Pepper Crackers
- Food Should Taste Good Lime tortilla chips
- Le Pain des Fleurs Crispbread, Quinoa
- Orgran Buckwheat Gluten-Free Crispbread
- Glutino Big Pretzels
- Alpendough Snickerdoodle cookie dough
- Pop Art Snacks Popcorn (Nori Sesame, Rosemary Truffle)
- Wild Things Dark chocolate raspberry skinny dipped almonds
- Kiwa Golden Plantain Chips
- RW Garcia 3Seed Sweet Potato Crackers
- Hail Merry Salted Brownie Merry Bites
- SeaSnax Big Grab & Go Lime
- EnviroKidz Organic Gorilla Munch Cereal
- Erewhon Crispy Brown Rice Cereal
- Freedom Foods Maple Crunch Cereal
- Gluten Free Chex™ Original oatmeal
- Ancient Harvest Quinoa Flakes, Organic and Gluten Free
- Food For Life’s Wheat and Gluten Free Brown Rice English Muffins
- Cherrybrook Kitchen – Gluten Free Dreams Pancake & Waffle Mix – 18 oz
BREAD, WRAPS, BAKING MIX etc.
LACTOSE-FREE & LOW-LACTOSE
*Carrageenan and different types of gums (such as guar gum, locust bean gum) have not been tested and analyzed for FODMAPs as of yet, but they may cause gastrointestinal distress for some. Xanthan gum gets a PASS from the FODMAP Friendly Program.
- Green Valley Organics Cream Cheese
- Green Valley Organics Sour Cream
- Green Valley Organics Strawberry Yogurt
- Nancy’s Organic Cottage Cheese (4 tablespoons is low in FODMAPs for cottage cheese)
- Organic Valley Cottage Cheese
- Silk PureAlmond Milk (carrageenan free, does have locust bean gum)
- Natur-a Almond Milk (carrageenan free, does contain three types of gums)
- Trader Joe’s Almond Beverage (no carrageenan, no gums)
CONDIMENTS, SAUCES, SPREADS & COOKING
- Suzanne’s Specialties Rice Nectar Fruit Spreads (Blueberry, Raspberry, Strawberry)
- Sarabeth’s Strawberry Rhubarb Preserves
- World of Chia Strawberry Spread Standard
- Justin’s Classic Almond Butter
- Uncle Harry’s Asafoetida powder
- Scott’s Garlic Oil – garlic-infused oil
- Rao’s Homemade Sensitive Formula Marina Sauce
- Engage Organics Sweet Cinnamon
- Woodstock Farms All-Natural Raw Almond Butter
- SunButter Natural Sunflower Spread
- Bragg’s Liquid Aminos – all-purpose seasoning
- Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Jam
- Stonewall Kitchen Red Raspberry Jam
FOODS HIGH IN SOLUBLE FIBER
“[Several] different studies have shown that soluble fiber benefits constipation and overall symptoms in IBS patients.” William Chey, MD, a professor of gastroenterology at the University of Michigan. Soluble fiber can also help those with diarrhea. Many high-FODMAP foods contain highly fermentable insoluble fiber, which can make symptoms of IBS worse. Fiber is important and you can still get decent amounts in your low-FODMAP diet, but stick to low-FODMAP sources of soluble fiber like those listed below. In the produce aisle, look for oranges, passion fruit, raspberries, Brussels sprouts (can have up to 2), carrots, eggplant, turnips, sweet potatoes (can have up to 1/2 cup), broccoli (1/2 cup). Consult with your nutritionist about the total amount of fiber you need. The key is to start small and increase the amount as you go, keeping a Food & Symptom Diary handy to record your intake and get a better sense of how much fiber is sufficient for you and you only. More low-FODMAP options:
*Drain and rinse before consuming as the FODMAPs will leach out of these legumes into the water within the can. Stick to a 1/2 cup lentils and a 1/4 cup chickpeas.
- Amy & Brian Coconut Water (pulp, no pulp, lime, cinnamon)
- Certified low-FODMAP protein powder (above) – Stellar Labs Low Carb Gluten Free Cold Pressed Vanilla Whey Isolate Protein Powder
- Jay Robb Unflavored Egg White protein powder
- Nutribiotic Organic Rice Protein, Chocolate
- Jarrow Brown Rice Protein (Vanilla Flavor)
- Solgar Whey To Go® Protein Powder Natural Vanilla Flavor
*The products listed under “Products made with low-FODMAP ingredients” appear to be low in FODMAPs based on the ingredients. They have not been laboratory tested and analyzed for FODMAPs, however, no HIGH-FODMAP ingredients seem to be present. Please also remember that if you find a product with several ingredients listed and the last 2-3 ingredients are high-FODMAP, the product may be suitable to consume as it means those last ingredients are present in much smaller amounts. “…ingredients are listed with the most predominant ingredient first. So if honey is the last ingredient in the list (an indication it’s not used to sweeten the product), it’s likely a low-FODMAP food. Suggest clients avoid products in which FODMAPs are more abundant or if multiple FODMAPs are present. Furthermore, clients should take note of added fiber ingredients such as inulin, often labeled as chicory root extract and fructo-oligosaccharides. Both are sources of fructans and can trigger symptoms.” Source: Successful Low-FODMAP Living — Experts Discuss Meal-Planning Strategies to Help IBS Clients Better Control GI Distress by Kate Scarlata, RD, LDN, Today’s Dietitian, Vol. 14 No. 3 P. 36
Disclosure – All of the products above are products I have personally used and also enjoy. Some include links back to Amazon.com and in full disclosure, I can make a commission if a user clicks on the link and then makes a purchase with Amazon.com. The commission is very small, however, it does go towards the ever-increasing expenses I have to maintain this blog and marketing for FODMAPLife.com. I appreciate your support of my blog, thank you. Colleen Francioli